First of all, let me congratulate you for successfully clearing your TOGAF 9.2 Level 1 exam. If in case you are going to attempt combined Level 1 and Level 2 exams then I wish you all the best. Before reading this post I would strongly recommend you to go through my 10 tips to crack the TOGAF 9.2 exam listed here.
TOGAF 9.2 Level 2[OG0-092] is a bit more complex than the Level 1 exam, however, if you are prepared well, there are also high chances that you can score more in the Part 2 exam than the Part 1 exam.
In this blog , I will concentrate on below topics
A brief overview of TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 Certification
- TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 certification ensures that you are well versed with the concepts. Although there is no need to memorize the complete TOGAF 9.2 official documentation, understanding the concepts is the most important part.
- There will be 8 scenario-based questions in Level 2 , such that in each scenario you will assume yourself as an Enterprise Architect and how will you solve the problem defined in the Question.
Challenges of TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 Certification
- The scenarios including Questions and sometimes Answers are very lengthy, so you need to invest a considerable amount of time in understanding the question and also picking up the correct option during the exam.
- As it is an open book exam, you will get an electronic copy of the pdf format of the TOGAF 9.2 documentation. This will have search functionality available in the document. But when you search for a specific topic in the pdf, it takes few seconds to load the result. Also, you cannot see the pdf and the question at the same time, both are in different windows. You cannot use the Alt+tab option, you need to close the pdf copy completely, and then the question window will appear.
- The complete exam is scheduled for 90 minutes which means you will get approximately 11 mins for each question. So in these 11 minutes, you should be able to understand the lengthy question including the answer, and identify the most accurate answer, and also search for the documentation if in case you need any clarifications.
Well, my idea is definitely not to scare you by telling you these challenges , but my intention is to make it clear all the assumptions so that it will help you in preparing for the Level 2 exam.
Topics covered in Level 2 exam
The eight questions are drawn from the following topic areas:
- ADM Phases: Phase A till Phase H including Requirements Management
- Adapting the ADM
- Architecture Content Framework
- TOGAF Reference Models
- Architecture Capability Framework
So there is a chance that even if you get 5 questions from the above 5 topics , the rest 3 questions will be from the same topic. So do not ignore any topic mentioned above.
The link for complete TOGAF 9.2 documentation is given here.
Check your readiness for Level 2 exam
I have mentioned here the key points that you need to concentrate on before attempting the Level 2 exam. If your answer is yes to the questions given below, then you are well prepared for the exam.
- Are you able to identify what happens in each phase of ADM?
- Are you able to identify the differences between closer phases, for example between E and F?
- Do you know the flow of a given deliverable across the phases?
- Have you concentrated equally on ADM Guidelines and Techniques similar to ADM? For example you should be able to identify who will formulate the principles or What principles are applied for a given scenario?
- Have you equally concentrated on Architecture Capability Framework, which is usually ignored since it is the last topic, there might also be a scenario where you will get 2 questions from this topic itself.
- Are you aware of the figure that talks about Artifacts Associated with the Core Content Metamodel and Extensions?
I hope this gave you a fair idea on what topics to contrate more for TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 exam. If you are still looking for further topics then feel free to comment below.