There are close to 70 training institutes that provide training for TOGAF 9.2 certification. When I decided to take the TOGAF 9.2, I have opted for the Simplilearn course as my colleagues suggested that. But later I thought I would have taken time to check what all training institutes are available and how they are providing the training. In this post, I will give you the Review of Simplilearn’s TOGAF 9.2 course. If you are planning to take TOGAF 9.2 certification, then I will recommend you to check out this as this has useful information required to clear your certification.
Simplilearn TOGAF 9.2 course covers both Level 1 and Level 2 and it is offered in 3 different ways
- Self Paced
- Online Bootcamp
- Corporate Training
There are no prerequisites required to take these courses.
Good, But which one to take? Well, I have taken the Online Bootcamp Program, which is a blend of online as well as offline classes.
Online classes by the trainer are available on the weekends in the morning and evening times of IST for a duration of 1 month.
These classes stretch for 4 hours although you get intermediate breaks. The length of the break mostly depends on the trainer.
It took me 3 months to prepare for the exam after I completed this training. I spent one hour daily for this exam.
Lets look at Pros and Cons now.
- I got an understanding of the high-level concepts of TOGAF, and I got a direction on how to prepare for the exam.
- Try to read the documentation of TOGAF before the class. You can reap the maximum benefit out of the program.
- You will get an extra exam voucher. Even though you did not clear in the first exam, you can take the next exam with this voucher. Remember that there should be a gap of a minimum of one month between the exams.
- Even though you miss a class, you can get the recordings for the class.
- You will have the option to register for 3 classes at the maximum.
- You will be provided with 4 practice tests for Level 1 and Level 2. Two tests are from Simplilearn, and two tests are from Opengroup, I took the exam after I scored a decent amount of marks in Level 1[From Simplilearn] and Level 2 [From open group].
- The voucher has an expiry date, So make sure you request the voucher when you are ready.
- You will get Reference cards, Pocket guide, Series guides, TOGAF word puzzles as bonus material which will help you to clear the exam.
- The voucher provided is only for the combined exam, So you should be prepared for both Level 1 and Level 2.
Last but not least, I am giving you my tips on reducing the cost for this training 🙂 .
Tip 1 – Register for the training as a group, I got good discount as we registered as a group.
Tip 2 -Talk to the Simplilearn consultant before paying for the course, they might also offer you a discounted price based on the offers going on during that time.
Getting a discount from simplilearn also depends on from which location you are registering as well.
Also check out other available courses at Open Group Site
So, should you take this course or not? If you are a beginner in TOGAF with no experience in implelementation the I will definitely recommend tuis to uouI will leave this to you to decide. But remember that attending this course itself is not enough, you should be able to spend effort from your side too.
Happy Learning !
What to do after attending the Simplilearn’s TOGAF 9.2 course?
Great, first of all, let me congratulate you on completing Simplilearn’s TOGAF 9.2 course. Next is you have to plan for your exam.
I will suggest that you attempt the exam as soon as possible, If you give a time delay between the Simplilearn’s class and the exam, then you have to start from scratch.
Below are the steps that you need to do after completing the course .
- Plan a date for your exam.
- Revise the concepts.
- Attempt practice tests. For this, you can check my post here.
- Once you feel you are ready, initiate the exam voucher from Simplilearn by emailing them. Remember that the exam voucher will have an expiry date from the date of initiation.
- Book an exam with the voucher provided. For this, you can check my post here.
At last, I would like to let you know that I have cleared my TOGAF 9.2 levels successfully. However, it is not like I have cleared the exam merely by attending this course. I also ensured that I kept a lot of effort from my side like consistently studying and practicing the mock tests. I even ensured that I have gone through the official TOGAF 9.2 documentation even attending this course which has helped me to understand deeply the concepts during the training.
I wish you all the best for your exam.
That’s all for this post. If you need more details or if you like this content , then feel free to comment below .