TOGAF 9.2 is a standard developed by Open Group Consortium and the good news is recently the number of certified people has crossed 100K Milestone.
So, you are also on the journey to get TOGAF 9.2 certified. But, struggling hard to prepare for the Foundation and Certified exams.
TOGAF 9.2 Foundation and Certified exams are not tough at all, but all you need is guidance that helps you to clear the exams.
Here are 10 common tips to crack both the exams and help you to reach your goal. But after this I will also focus especially on few challenges for Level 2 exam since it is very hard.
Let’s dive into it.
10 tips for Level 1 and Level 2
- Step 1: Download the syllabus for TOGAF 9.2 in the conformance requirement document.
- Step 2: Read C182 .pdf (can be downloaded once you register in Opengroup ) as per the conformance document.
- Step 3: Repeat step 2 multiple times. The more time you read, the more concepts you will be able to understand. This will also give the practice to read lengthy questions in Level 2.
- Step 4: Relate the concepts. Relate phases of ADM to Guidelines and Techniques. Example – In Phase E, there is a point to Confirm Readiness and Risk for Business Transformation, So at this step go to ADM guidelines and techniques and check how the risk management and Business Transformation readiness Assessment is done.
- Step 5: Understand how the deliverable is changing across the phases. Example – The draft of the Architecture Definition Document is created in Architecture Vision and finalized in Phase F.
- Step 6: Analyse the differences between closer phases. Example – Identify differences between Phase E and Phase F
- Step 7: Once you are done with step 3, Attempt online free exams, and check the score. If the score is very low, then repeat step 3.
- Step 8: For the Level 2 exam, read the concern first and understand the concern. Then read the entire question and options. Eliminate the answers which are not relevant to TOGAF. The best answer would be the approach that is very close to TOGAF 9.2 standard.
- Step 9: Even though Level 2 is an open book exam, do not rely on that too much because there will be very minimal time to check through the book.
- Step 10: Try to read the documentation in PDF rather than the online documentation because the Level 2 exam does not have access to the link but only to the PDF.
Special Focus on Level 2
TOGAF 9.2 Level 2[OG0-092] is a bit more complex than the Level 1 exam, however, if you are prepared well, there are also high chances that you can score more in the Part 2 exam than the Part 1 exam.
A brief overview of TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 Certification
- TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 certification ensures that you are well versed with the concepts. Although there is no need to memorize the complete TOGAF 9.2 official documentation, understanding the concepts is the most important part.
- There will be 8 scenario-based questions in Level 2 , such that in each scenario you will assume yourself as an Enterprise Architect and how will you solve the problem defined in the Question.
Challenges of TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 Certification
- The scenarios including Questions and sometimes Answers are very lengthy, so you need to invest a considerable amount of time in understanding the question and also picking up the correct option during the exam.
- As it is an open book exam, you will get an electronic copy of the pdf format of the TOGAF 9.2 documentation. This will have search functionality available in the document. But when you search for a specific topic in the pdf, it takes few seconds to load the result. Also, you cannot see the pdf and the question at the same time, both are in different windows. You cannot use the Alt+tab option, you need to close the pdf copy completely, and then the question window will appear.
- The complete exam is scheduled for 90 minutes which means you will get approximately 11 mins for each question. So in these 11 minutes, you should be able to understand the lengthy question including the answer, and identify the most accurate answer, and also search for the documentation if in case you need any clarifications.
Well, my idea is definitely not to scare you by telling you these challenges , but my intention is to make it clear all the assumptions so that it will help you in preparing for the Level 2 exam.
Topics covered in Level 2 exam
The eight questions are drawn from the following topic areas:
- ADM Phases: Phase A till Phase H including Requirements Management
- Adapting the ADM
- Architecture Content Framework
- TOGAF Reference Models
- Architecture Capability Framework
So there is a chance that even if you get 5 questions from the above 5 topics , the rest 3 questions will be from the same topic. So do not ignore any topic mentioned above.
The link for complete TOGAF 9.2 documentation is given here.
Check your readiness for Level 2 exam
I have mentioned here the key points that you need to concentrate on before attempting the Level 2 exam. If your answer is yes to the questions given below, then you are well prepared for the exam.
- Are you able to identify what happens in each phase of ADM?
- Are you able to identify the differences between closer phases, for example between E and F?
- Do you know the flow of a given deliverable across the phases?
- Have you concentrated equally on ADM Guidelines and Techniques similar to ADM? For example you should be able to identify who will formulate the principles or What principles are applied for a given scenario?
- Have you equally concentrated on Architecture Capability Framework, which is usually ignored since it is the last topic, there might also be a scenario where you will get 2 questions from this topic itself.
- Are you aware of the figure that talks about Artifacts Associated with the Core Content Metamodel and Extensions?
I hope this gave you a fair idea on what topics to concentrate more for TOGAF 9.2 Level 2 exam. If you are still looking for further topics then feel free to comment below.
I hope these tips will help you to reach your goal easily .
I wish you all the best for your exam.
Finally enjoy the immense pleasure after cracking it .